Math Teachers Sharing Session ~ February 2014
Math Teachers Sharing Session ~ January 2013
Apps are plentiful and we cannot keep current on all app offerings
or those that are recently developed. This list is an attempt to put together 10+ apps that teachers in our districts are finding useful in the area of K-12 math. We have also included a few links near the bottom of sites that list apps by subject area that might be useful. This list will evolve as we continue to have workshops and explore new apps.
Kids Math Fun – Third Grade
This app is devoted to third grade math skills, including basic arithmetic. Games like Double Dare and Minute Math keep it fun, too.
- Math Quizzer is an interactive and fun way to, not only learn, but also to boost your skills in; Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. It offers an easy to understand chalkboard visual, which keeps track of your "score" as you progress. Math Quizzer is perfect for long drives, flights, and waiting in lines. It's excellent for all ages and all skill levels as it allows you to select a specific category or from all four subject areas.
This grade-as-you-go game teaches subtraction, division, multiplication and addition in a touch-screen game.
Brain Tuner Lite
This free app is a great tool for getting your kids to practice math skills each day.
- Number Line is an educational game app to help students learn about fractions, decimals, and percents by ordering equivalent fractions, decimals, and percents on a number line. The app features multiple levels where the player must drag circles with either a percent, decimal or fraction onto a number line in the correct sequence. A score is earned based on the time it takes to put all the circles in the correct order (faster is better), plus points for each correct placement, minus points for each error.
This app serves as a great reference and review tool that catalogs and explains math formulas for geometry and more.
- Tangrams have been challenging minds for centuries, with the deceptively simple goal of combining seven geometric pieces into a shape. Choose a puzzle to solve, and try to fit all seven game pieces within the shaded puzzle area without overlapping. TanZen Lite will recognize when the puzzle is finished.
Math Match Lite
- Math Match is a new game for children that helps them practice their basic math skills, while keeping them excited with fortunes and pictures of cute animals. This lite version of Math Match features Addition and the Easy board setting. Success is rewarded with the unveiling of a cute animal picture and a fortune. Children love this aspect of the game.
Math Drills Lite
- Graphically rich and fun environment allows a single student to learn basic math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Explore solutions to problems using number lines, wooden blocks, facts and hints. Solve nine-times problems using your fingers!
- Roman Numerals provides an easy way of converting Roman numerals into more understandable year numbers and vice versa. Use it when you cannot quite work out the age of a building or to resolve disputes about the year in which a TV programme was made. To use it just choose whether you want to convert from Roman numerals or from Arabic numerals and then type in the year and the corresponding value will appear. There are preferences for enabling autocorrection and for choosing which order the roman numerals appear in on the keyboard.
This is an application based on the drill-and-practice instructional strategy. Similar to memorization, such a strategy presents the tasks to be completed repetitively to build up the foundation skills for more meaningful learning in the future. This application provides exercises covering basic mathematical skills like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The exercises are targeted for children under 12 years, and sometimes even adults, with varying degrees of difficulty depending on their age.
- Now you can use your iPod touch or iPhone as a ruler. How to do that? It’s quite simple! You can measure any object by placing it on the device screen or just next to it. By moving each line limiter one after another you can get a more accurate measurement. In addition it is possible to switch between centimeters and inches on the information screen. Ruler always saves your latest measurement and you can turn back to it any time.
- iHandy Level (one of the 5 tools in iHandy Carpenter toolkit) is now for free! Take this chance to download! This might be the most beautiful and accurate level you can get in hand. Unlike some other levels in app store, this one is fully functional with calibration capability. It's accurate after calibrated.
PopMath Basic Math
This level-based math game is supposed to be non-stressful but still effective.
The Math Master
Practice math drills and learn math facts on this app, which features a numeric touchpad.
KidsCalc 7-in-1 Math Fun
This app teaches young children number recognition, and older kids arithmetic. It features a birthday party theme, and includes flash cards, puzzle game, running timer, and more.
Mathemagics – Mental Math Tricks
More advanced students can practice multiplication, square numbers, and more.
App List Links:
Appitic: Education Apps List
Westside Community Schools Apps Listing
TCEA (Texas Computer Education Association)Apps:
Escondito Schools Apps
Spreadsheet from Escondido Public Schools
Special Education Apps:
iPod & iPad Apps
Apps for Every Day Use in the Classroom:
20 Education Apps
Recommended Education Apps:
50 Education Apps for the iPod
Creation Apps for iPad:
10 Ways Peoples are Using the iPad to Create
iPad Use in the Classroom:
30 Interesting Ways to Use the iPad
Top Education Apps:
Contributions to http://esu3ipads.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"